Here is an example. Consider an item composed of 3 item cards:
- The card of the top (with the die) has an effect applicable for your upcoming action.
- Second card has no applicable effect.
- Third card has an applicable effect.
==> During the Action phase:
- The item is activated for the last time. The die is removed, but the cards are temporarily kept. You choose the effect(s) to trigger, for example, the one from card #1.
- You continue to resolve the action as usual (Cost, Result, Skill).
- At the Discard step, the 3 cards of the composed item are discarded (into the Past or the Discard pile, depending on the color of the back of the card).
- At the Hand Size Limit step, the removed item leaves an empty space in your inventory.